Friday, April 17, 2015

Of Mice and Navigators


I got my hands on their new CAD Mouse about a month or so ago and a couple people I know at work and outside have been trying them out.  That got me to thinking about mice and 3D mice as a tip for certifications.  I have a Space Pilot Pro and now a CAD Mouse, both from 3DConnexion.  




I'm a big fan of the new CAD Mouse.  Not only is it great in SOLIDWORKS, but it also has functionality in other programs.  The software that comes with it recognizes what application is active and you can program buttons based on the application, so I can click on Outlook, hit one of the programmed thumb buttons and a new email starts.  It even has a button that brings up a feature similar to the SOLIDWORKS wheel and has features programmed that are application relevant.  It is a three button mouse with a wheel and you have to hold it between your pinky and thumb, which takes some getting used to.  I found that it took me about 2 weeks to get comfortable with the new grip and using the ring finger to use the RMB.

You will note I’ve added a couple of banners to my blog post for 3DConnexion.  If you are interested in buying one, I’d like to ask that you use the banners to do so.  3DConnexion will send a portion of any sales the banner to help pay for the blog.

If you have any questions or comments on 3D mice or the new CAD Mouse, please post them below.  I’d like to hear what you think.

Best of Luck,
Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment