Thursday, March 5, 2015

Introductions


My name is Bryan Ray.  I am a Journeyman Mold Maker, I have 10 years of experience in the engineering field and have 4 years experience as a Limited Term Lecturer at the college level.  I am certified in CSWA, CSWP, Sheetmetal, Mold Tools, Drawings, Weldments and CSWE.  I am the current President of the SOLIDWORKS of Louisville User Group.  I have traveled to China and Costa Rica where I've helped train people in the use of SOLIDWORKS and used the certification program to validate their training.  We also use the CSWA exam as the final in Design Communications to validate our students at the college where I teach part time.

Something has been bothering me for several years. I have given a presentation at SOLIDWORKS World for the last few years on Tips and Tricks to pass the CSWP.  The thing that bothers me is that my first question for the attendees is 'Who has taken the CSWP and failed?'  I see a lot of hands go up, my own included (yes, I failed my first try).  I tried to think of a way to help people out on passing the CSWP.  Not just once a year at SWW, but every day.  So, if every journey starts with a single step, then this is my leap.  In the posts to come, I'll do my very best to share some tips and tricks to help everyone on certifications.  I'm not going to limit this to just the CSWP, but this is where I am going to start.

This is intended to be an open discussion, if you have a comment or question, please feel free to post it.  There is always more than one way to get something done.  I look forward to learning something also.

Thanks,
Bryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment